Responsibilities of the Actor
Equity requires management to meet all of its responsibilities under its contract with Equity. In turn, members have certain professional responsibilities to the producer, to the production and to fellow Equity members. All Equity members must:
- Be on time for all rehearsals and half-hour calls
- Notify the Stage Manager as soon as possible, and certainly before half-hour, if ill or unable to reach the theatre on time
- Remember that, even though places for each act will be called, you alone are responsible for all of your entrance cues
- Observe all reasonable rules of the management not in conflict with Equity rules
- Cooperate with the Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Managers, Dance Captain and Fight Captain
- Take proper care of, and make no unauthorized changes in, your costumes, props, or make-up
- Maintain your performance as directed
- Appear at curtain calls in complete costume and make-up
- Go to your Deputy in cases of disagreement. If a disagreement cannot be resolved by the authorities backstage, refer it to the appropriate Equity Business Representative
Your Stage Manager is obligated to report violations to Equity and Equity will, when necessary, call before a Membership Relations Committee any member who violates these rules.
Discipline is a sign of professionalism. Please maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Office of the Executive Director, AEA